Here is our fabulous recipe, which can be adapted to individual tastes.
5 cups cooked rice
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
2 eggs (optional)
1 cup peas/beans
1 cup corn
½ carrot, finely dicedshallots
200g cooked bacon/ham chopped(optional)
Soy sauce to serve (optional)
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan.
2. Add the carrot and spring onion and lightly cook. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
3. Heat remaining oil in the pan.
4. Beat eggs in small bowl and add to pan.
5. When egg is almost cooked add the cold rice and mix together.
6. Add the thawed peas and corn and carrot and spring onions.
7. Heat through and serve with soy sauce.